Thursday 10 March 2011

Eric Carle - One of My Favourite Illustrators!


I just watched this video of Eric Carle; an illustrator who is most famous for his children's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. 


The Hungry Caterpillar was one of my favourite books when I was a child and I still love it today as a 21 year old. Being older, I can now appreciate it on a different level and admire the absolutely stunning illustrations, full of life and colour. They are so fresh and inspiring, the texture in the collage brings a beautiful artistic element to children's book illustration which is so often very flat and boring these days...

I had no idea the story was so old! It's so wonderful how it has helped children to learn throughout the generations and still admired by children and adults alike.

:')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Chloe, 21, currently based in Birmingham and studying Illustration at Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.