Sunday 19 February 2012

Collaborative Project: Salem Church



As part of my final uni project, I'm collaborating with my friend Luke who studies Interior Design/Architecture at Leeds College of Art. Basically He's redesigning the old Salem Church building in Leeds and turning it into a theatre. The aim of the venue would be to act as a platform for emerging and well-known artists to showcase their talents, much like old vaudeville shows. Artists could include singers and musicians, comedians, dancers etc..mostly avante-garde styles that you wouldn't necessarily normally see.

Anyway..I've been asked to produce a poster and flyers to advertise a potential event at the venue to help back up the design. I'm in love with this era of entertainment and victorian advertising so the posters will be heavily influenced by this. As I love to work in 3D, my initial idea is to create a piece that looks similar to victorian puppet theatres:


Here are my rough sketches!


Very excited about this project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Chloe, 21, currently based in Birmingham and studying Illustration at Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.