Tuesday 7 February 2012

Black Swan

This brief is a nightmare! I already posted an illustration I did for this, but after checking out some of the competition they all looked extremely similar, so I wanted to try and come up with something more conceptual for it. Today has been stressful :'( I've had a few strong ideas, but when it came to executing it, it was a struggle to do a decent job and make it fit on the page as the magazine is a really awkward size!! It's a real shame because I was excited about doing this idea and now I just want to get the brief over with! 

Anyway, I've started messing around with a different idea but I'm not sure how far it will go. I'm finding this really difficult as the cover requires a "portrait" of the main character and I'm definitely not used to working like this...waaaaaaaah! :'(
So far..


I was looking a Dadaism so it's mostly influenced by that..the white swan's body is made up of quotes from the film and the black swan's body is the sheet music for Swan Lake and that's about as deep as it goes..it's really rough and shit at the moment but hopefully it'll develop and I'll get something decent out of it..

Now time for a filthy pizza to cheer me up, diets are for losers :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Chloe, 21, currently based in Birmingham and studying Illustration at Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.