Thursday 7 April 2011

Making Puppets: The Banker

Over the past few days I have started to produce the puppets for my illustration. This is quite a time consuming thing to do, but it is so enjoyable and I think the results are really going to be worth it!

The first puppet is Charon/The Banker. The body is like a plush toy made from pinstriped fabric but weighted down with a sand bag inside...

I used DAS clay to sculpt the face and the hand. I found this clay really strange to work with; I've never used it before and it seems to dry out really quickly..

I've just painted the face and hand and added a sort of stained effect to the collar of the body, so just need to wait for that to dry and then I can assemble him together!

I don't think the body is strong enough to be able to hold the weight of the hand, so I will probably have to superimpose it onto the final image. I'm quite worried about this as I'll have to really try and get the lighting and the angle the same in both photographs..

Finally I bought an iddy biddy dolls hat to put on his head!

Will update when he's fully built!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Chloe, 21, currently based in Birmingham and studying Illustration at Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.