I started off trying to make the puppets the same way I've made them previously but after a problem arose while thinking about making the body, I decided to try something new and use different types of card and paper instead of sewn fabric. I never imagined they would look the way they do! I'm so happy with the results; I think the characters look much more neater which will really make a difference when I photograph them properly.
I've really enjoyed the assemblage aspect - I love the method of finding the perfect materials to use...My favourite has to be the angel; this one took the longest as there is much more detail to the character. The use of vintage photographs is something new that I've been meaning to try out for ages and I think it brings an eerie beauty to the pieces.
I've enjoyed this way of working so much that I don't think I can go back to my old ways! I've decided to bring this character style into the editorial work I'm doing for my uni project as I think it's a very different style that will set apart my work from most other editorial illustrators...
The christmas designs will hopefully be finished on Friday and available to purchase on www.createtoday.com :)