Wednesday 18 January 2012

D&AD Competition Brief

Yesterday I began working on the D&AD illustration brief; to design the front cover for "Little White Lies," an independent film magazine. The brief was to illustrate one of their top rated films of 2011: Drive, Black Swan, The Tree of Life, Super 8, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

I chose Black Swan, and came up with this:






It's a lot different from my other work as the cover had to feature the main character..I'm not sure I'm happy about how fashion-y it's turned out but I think it works better this way rather than my usual style. I also kept with using textures by using real feathers in there..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Chloe, 21, currently based in Birmingham and studying Illustration at Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.